Vegetables should be a priority for all meals because when they are on your dinner plates they soak up the necessary nutrients that should be a part of your diet. When in a rush, the veggies work frozen, pre-cut and packaged but at other times try out these alternatives to spruce up the delicious factor for vegetarian meals.
- Drizzle lemon juice on spinach, kale and zucchini to bring out the flavour.
- Sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and red capsicum can be cooked up before serving on mixed salad leaves dressed in balsamic and white wine vinegar.
- Steamed broccoli, cauliflower and toasted sesame oil, soy sauce and sesame seeds, make for a good combination but you can easily dress the main ingredients in lemon juice, olive oil, pumpkin seeds and roasted pine nuts, as well.
- Steamed Asian greens can be dressed in oyster sauce and finely chopped garlic.
- Root vegetables, potatoes and pumpkins can be diced into chunky portions or roasted and then dressed in oil, rosemary and garlic.
- Portions of zucchini, capsicum and corn cobs are seasoned with pepper and olive oil for delicious vegan meals.
- Stir-fry Brussels sprouts (a personal favourite) with pine nuts to amp up the feel-good factor!